|MODIFIED ATMOSPHERE PACKAGING TECHNOLOGY|
Modified atmosphere packaging (MAP) is a way of extending the shelf life of fresh food products.
The technology subsitutes the atmospheric air inside a package with a protective gas mix.
The gas in the package helps ensure that the product will stay fresh for as long as possible.
MAP is defined as ‘the packaging of a perishable product in an atmosphere which has been modified so that its composition is other than that of air’.
MAP maintains the quality of the product and extends the life of the product, with the advantage of not having to use additives or preservatives
● Maintains the quality of the product
● Extends the life of the product
● Not having to use additives or preservatives
● Minimisation of waste
|MAP Applications for:
● Fresh Meat , Fish & Seafood
● Processed Meat & - Prepared Foods
● Fruit and Vegetables & - Bread Products